Re: Fwd: Re[2]: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Fwd: Re[2]: We all are looped on Internet: request + transport = invariant
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 11:28:30AM +0300, Dmitry Turin wrote:

> Yes.
> Remember, this is not manner of storing data in DBMS.
> This is manner to visualize for man.

So all of this sound and fury is not, as we have been understanding
it, over some fundamental change to the way Pg works, but is instead
some sort of veneer over the face of it?  In that case, why not just
write some user-space application that takes this (IMO useless) TML
and translates it into proper SQL?  You don't need to make any
changes to Postgres at all, it seems.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics
problem.    --Bruce Schneier