Re: SQL - finding next date - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SQL - finding next date
Date
List pgsql-general
Merlin Moncure escribió:

> my suggestion to return the record in a field as a composite type is a
> non-standard trick (i think...do composite types exist in the sql
> standard?).

I think composite types are in the standard, yes, but they are a bit
different from what we have.  I tried to read that part of the standard
a while back and came up blank, it's too filled with strange constructs.
Too closely linked to tables for one thing; there seems to be no notion
of anonymous or standalone types.