Re: [GENERAL] programmatic way to fetch latest release for a given major.minor version - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [GENERAL] programmatic way to fetch latest release for a given major.minor version
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 02:44:42PM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:18:52PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > But given that we might want to add things like this, having our own custom
> > XML format certainly makes a bit more sense, it might be harder to try to
> > trick it into RSS.
>
> I'd say do it in the format you're most comfortable with. Then some
> XSLT wizard can convert it into RSS from there...

Too late, I already did the RSS. Which was very simple, because of the RSS
framework stuff already in place on the website.

*However*, that one doesn't contain all the information that a program
would want, and certainly not in an easily parseable format for them. It's
designed for people in the other end. So I intend to do a "proper XML
format" as well.

//Magnus