Re: Problem with a transaction on dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Problem with a transaction on dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Froggy / Froggy Corp. wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > Froggy / Froggy Corp. wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > It is the second time i got this error message (sorry, its french, i
> > > prefer to c/p this one than making a bad translation) :
> > >
> > > -------8<------------8<-----------8<-----------
> > >
> > > pg_dump: ERREUR:  Impossible d'accéder au statut de la transaction
> > > 892415538
> > > DETAIL:  Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier
> > > «/var/lib/postgresql/7.4/main/pg_clog/0353» : Aucun fichier ou
> > > répertoire de ce type
> >
> > What files are there in main/pg_clog?
>
> 0000 to 0024

FWIW, I examined the bit pattern in the number 892415538, which is
110101001100010010111000110010, and taken as octets interpreted as ASCII
chars, they look like this:

51.2

So my guess is that your table was corrupted by the filesystem or
something like that.  Did your system crash recently?  My guess is that
this is a filesystem problem, kernel bug or something like that.