Re: Copyright question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Copyright question
Date
Re: Copyright question  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 07:31:20PM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >FYI, I have received permission, below, to remove the Andrew Yu
> >copyright.  Thanks.
>
> Can't we just remove the file outright? The last release of Ultrix
> was in 1995.

Sadly, in the US, at least, and so that file, absent sweeping changes
in the law, will remain outside the public domain until slightly after
the first human-crewed starship departs our solar system.

If you want things to go back into the public domain after a limited
period of time, make sure you hold your legislators to account,
especially when Disney is lobbying them.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate