Re: Proposal: Adding JIS X 0213 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Proposal: Adding JIS X 0213 support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> >> Related to this, when are we going to get the Japanese po files in the
> >> core distribution?
>
> > No idea. In my understanding, current message translating system has
> > serious problem if wrong locale and encoding is provided(has this
> > issue been solved in 8.3?).
>
> That's certainly true, and it's not solved.  But how does keeping the
> Japanese po files out of the distribution improve the matter?

Keeping out po files until the problem is solved is just my opinion.

If JPUG (or Japanese po files maintainers/volunteers) decide to
include them into PostgreSQL distribution, I have no right to prevent
it.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan