contrib/spi makefile inconsistency - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject contrib/spi makefile inconsistency
Date
Re: contrib/spi makefile inconsistency  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
Hi!

contrib/spi has a Makefile that uses $(addsuffix) makefile rules for
DATA_built and DOCS. It's the only Makefile in contrib that does it.

I would like to change that to actually listing the modules instead. The
reason for that is that parsing the Makefile for the msvc build will be a
*lot* easier if I don't have to parse $addsuffix rules. And it's not like
it's complex modules it's building.

But I figured I'd post here for approval first. So - would a patch like the
attached be acceptable?

(Again, this only applies to contrib/SPI, I don't *expect* there to be more
such requirements for the other ones)

//Magnus

Attachment