Re: Indexam interface proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Indexam interface proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 12:23:01PM +0000, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Currently amgettuple returns one matching tuple at a time, in index
> order. I'm proposing two changes to add support for
> - candidate matches

IIRC indexes can already ask to have the system recheck conditions on
returned tuples. For example GiST can return more tuples than actually
match. That's what the amopreqcheck column is for in pg_amop.

Or am I misunderstanding?

Have a nice day,