New Project: PostGIS application to Missing People - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Luis Gustavo Lira
Subject New Project: PostGIS application to Missing People
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Dear PostgreSQL community

Concept for a PostGIS application to Missing People:

This is a proposal for design a new concept for integrated PostGIS application
and how to implement features to improve tracking information about missing
people. This application will be useful in disaster scenarios, looking for
missing kids, rescue kidnapped people, human right watch, etc . This task surely
is not an easy one but I think it would be a great service to the global
community and I would really enjoy mentoring this project. That is my motivation.

I am heavily involved with many open source projects. I am a member of the Linux
User Group at Catholic University in Peru (TUXPUC) and the president of the
Peruvian Chapter of FreeCulture.org (Cultura Libre).

I am a qualified and experienced engineer. I am quite familiar with Java, C++,
Python, Eclipse IDE, many SQLs which I use very often to programming. I hold a
degree in Physics and a graduate diplom in Telecomunications.

BSc. Luis Gustavo Lira

Si desea recibir, semanalmente, el Boletín Electrónico de la PUCP, ingrese a:
http://www.pucp.edu.pe/boletin/