Re: Automating access grants - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Automating access grants
Date
List pgsql-general
* Kynn Jones (kynnjo@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 3/15/07, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> >* Kynn Jones (kynnjo@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> >One big question I have is, is this completely read-only?
>
> Sorry, I should have made this clear: the access we had in mind is
> strictly read-only, and only a subset of the tables at that.

Then I would definitely encourage setting up a webpage to provide the
information..  There's no need to grant access to the database directly,
and for that matter it'll probably be easier for your *users* to get the
data in a portable format directly rather than having to install
something which can talk the PG protocol.

    Enjoy,

        Stephen

Attachment