Re: Tracking disk writes? (again) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Tracking disk writes? (again)
Date
Re: Tracking disk writes? (again)  (Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 11:14:14AM -0500, Erik Jones wrote:
> Hi, is there any way that I can track the number of actual disk
> writes done by a particular database or database cluster?  I already
> sent this question last Friday and, while even I usually frown upon
> reposts to lists and forums, I really need some kind of answer, even
> if it's "you can't" in which case a why would also be cool.

I'm not sure it's what you mean, but the pg_stats* tables include stuff
like blocks read from tables and indexes and the like... You do need to
enable it in the config though.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment