Re: Auto creation of Partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Auto creation of Partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
One other thought... a lot of this discussion seems to parallel the
debate from a while ago about whether SERIAL should act like a macro
(ie: it just sets everything up and users are free to monkey under the
hood afterwards), or whether it should be it's own 'closed-box'
construct.

Currently, we seem to be leaning towards partition management being a
'macro', with child tables very exposed, etc. I don't know if that's
good or bad, but it's probably worth some thought.