Re: Opinions on Raid

From: Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject: Re: Opinions on Raid
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Opinions on Raid  ("Joe Uhl", )
 Re: Opinions on Raid  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner, )
 Re: Opinions on Raid  (Ron, )
  Re: Opinions on Raid  (, )
 Re: Opinions on Raid  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: Opinions on Raid  ("Joe Uhl", )
 Re: Opinions on Raid  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: Opinions on Raid  (Geoff Tolley, )
  Re: Opinions on Raid  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
   Re: Opinions on Raid  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 12:30:16PM +0100, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> If you have a MegaCLI-version, I'd like to see it, if possible? That
> would definitely save us some reinventing the wheel  :-)

A friend of mine just wrote

  MegaCli -AdpAllInfo -a0|egrep '  (Degraded|Offline|Critical Disks|Failed Disks)' | grep -v ': 0 $'

which will output errors if there are any, and none otherwise. Or just add -q
to the grep and check the return status.

(Yes, simplistic, but often all you want to know is if all's OK or not...)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/