Re: Opinions on Raid - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: Opinions on Raid
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 12:30:16PM +0100, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> If you have a MegaCLI-version, I'd like to see it, if possible? That
> would definitely save us some reinventing the wheel  :-)

A friend of mine just wrote

  MegaCli -AdpAllInfo -a0|egrep '  (Degraded|Offline|Critical Disks|Failed Disks)' | grep -v ': 0 $'

which will output errors if there are any, and none otherwise. Or just add -q
to the grep and check the return status.

(Yes, simplistic, but often all you want to know is if all's OK or not...)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/