Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 23 February 2007 16:43, Chad Wagner wrote:
> On 2/23/07, Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> wrote:
> > > In any case if anyone is interested I was able to reproduce the changes
> >
> > that
> >
> > > wikipgedia made and applied those changes (as well as others) all the
> >
> > way up
> >
> > > to the 1.6.10 codebase.  The only reason I mention this is because
> > > 1.6is the only choice for PHP4 users.  If anyone is interested I can
> > > provide
> >
> > the
> >
> > > codebase, the schema still has to be created manually as was the case
> >
> > with
> >
> > > wikipgedia.
> >
> > I would be interested.  I'm probably expected to maintain this thing ...
>
> You can download it from:
>
> http://www.postgresqlforums.com/downloads/pgmediawiki-1.6.10.tar.gz
>
> Again, like wikipgedia you have to create a schema (manually) named
> mediawiki and like wikipgedia (because the port more or less used some of
> the same mods they made) MySQL support is probably broken.

While no one in thier right mind should be using wikipgedia, I'm sympathetic
to those who might still be stuck on it for some reason, so if you guys can
produce a patch against the wikipgedia cvs, I'd be happy to apply it.

--
Robert Treat