Re: Why don't dumped files parse in pgAdmin3 query editor? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dlivesay@covad.net
Subject Re: Why don't dumped files parse in pgAdmin3 query editor?
Date
Re: Why don't dumped files parse in pgAdmin3 query editor?  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-general
Quoting Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:

> It should work perfectly fine to restore it using psql -f on Windows as
> well, I'd recommend that you look into why that's not working and try to
> fix that instead.

The main problem I'm having is that any command I try to use with psql, even
psql /?, causes it to prompt me for a password, and it tells me my password is
wrong no matter what username/passsword combination I try.

Beyond that, I really don't know what the correct syntax to use in the Windows
command shell is. Would it be "psql -f" or "psql /f"?