Re: Bug: Buffer cache is not scan resistant - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Bug: Buffer cache is not scan resistant
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

> Yes, autovacuum is off, and bgwriter shouldn't have anything useful to
> do either, so I'm a bit at a loss what's going on --- but in any case,
> it doesn't look like we are cycling through the entire buffer space
> for each fetch.

I'd be happy to DTrace it, but I'm a little lost as to where to look in the
kernel.   I'll see if I can find someone who knows more about memory
management than me (that ought to be easy).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun