Re: European Group - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: European Group
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:20:54 +0100
Susanne Ebrecht <miracee@miracee.de> wrote:

> Gabriele Bartolini wrote:
> >
> >   While organising the first edition of the Italian PostgreSQL Day,
> > which day after day is getting the proportion of an European
> > conference rather than national, we faced a few problems: the lack of
> > promotional materials in Italian.
> For a german exhibition, we ordered some blue plush elephants. The guys
> sold them all after a few hours.
> To order 1000 are much cheaper than to order 10.

Thats not entirely correct: i talked friday with the manufacturer and
got the information, that it will get much cheaper if we order 3000
elephants. Thats the amount they start producing somewhere in far east.
Anything below this is handwork in and from Germany. But of course,
prices get a bit lower and you save shipping costs.

> May be, we should think about ordering this elephants together with all
> european usergroups.

[X] Yes

Just my impression from Linuxday in Chemnitz: we had 5 elephants and
they was gone saturday after half a day. So i will decide to order some
more the next time we have a booth.

Bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum