Re: HOT - preliminary results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: HOT - preliminary results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs escribió:
> On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 18:37 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian escribió:
> > >
> > > That's oddly discouraging.  :-)
> >
> > Apparently no one has been bothered enough to fix CLUSTER.
>
> We learned from Csaba just the other day that this is a backdoor used on
> production systems. I've not seen anyone admit it before, even though
> I've seen it discussed.

Yeah, I had just read that and was about to mention it, but I think
(some of?) these cases would be solved by HOT.  So that usage of CLUSTER
would go away altogether, allowing us to fix the MVCC issue ... which
would require HOT to work nicely :-(