Re: Array indexes, GIN? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Array indexes, GIN?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Adam,

> On the surface, looks like a job for GIN, but GIN seems undocumented,
> specifically mentions it doesn't support the deletes we'll have many of
> since it's designed for word searching apparently, the performance
> implications are undocumented. I searched, I read, and even IRC'd, and
> it seems like GIN is just not used much.

It's new (as of 8.2).  And the authors, Oleg and Teodor, are notorious for
skimpy documetentation.

I'd start with the code in INTARRAY contrib module (also by Teodor) and bug
them on pgsql-hackers about helping you implement a GIN index for arrays.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun