Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:12:27AM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> It looks as though there is a strong "plurality" of PostgreSQL
> developers that are waiting for some alternative to become dominant.
> I suspect THAT will never happen.

Actually, I think that if one of the SCMs provides some kind of server
interface that allows clients to keep using the CVS client if they
want, they would get significant traction. If only because it allows
people and existing tools to keep working while providing extra
possibilities.

IOW provide a nice upgrade path for the transition and a lot of the
problems switching go away.

Then again, it's probably nowhere near as easy as I make it sound :)

Have a nice day,