Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql)
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake escribió:
> > Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> > > I think I recall that wikipedia uses MySQL ... they get quite a few
> > > hits, too, I believe.
> >
> > And outages if you watch :)
>
> Does this mean that we believe the Wikipedia would not suffer any
> outages if it ran on Postgres?
>
> How is the Postgres port of the Wikipedia doing this days anyway?  Is it
> in a shape where one would consider it "competitive"?

I installed wikipgdia for the WPLUG wiki:
http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/

We haven't had a lick of trouble with it since it went up.  I don't
believe it's experienced any downtime in many months.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.