Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Warren Turkal
Subject Re: SCMS question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 22 February 2007 00:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> Not particularly.  We keep hearing from various advocates that
> $foo-is-better-than-CVS, but the preferred value of $foo changes with
> amazing frequency, and none of the arguments seem to justify the pain
> of converting.

Some of the other options just seem to have much nicer user interfaces. I was
playing with Bacula and they just changed to Subversion. It really is much
nicer than the CVS they used to use. Git seems interesting as well. I guess
Subversion and git are the two big ones right now. What would you look for if
you were to check out new SCMSes? Would you want distributed like Git or
centralized like CVS/Subversion?

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)