BUG #3041: Universal Binary Support in Configure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Matt Smith
Subject BUG #3041: Universal Binary Support in Configure
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3041
Logged by:          Matt Smith
Email address:      mps@utas.edu.au
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.3
Operating system:   Mac OS X
Details:

Hello! From what I can tell, there is no universal binary support in
./configure for compiling postgresql for both PPC macs and Intel macs. Sorry
if I simply missed it.

It is certainly doable, if the info found here is correct.
http://www.entropy.ch/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=9579#9579

I am going to follow through the script to get a universal binary for
myself.

However, it would be great if the postgresql configure script supported some
sort of '--enable-universalsdk' in much the same way that python and others
do, so a universal binary would be easy to create in the future.

Thanks!