Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
bruce wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added in
> > > PostgreSQL 7.3.  Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.
> >
> > Here's the reason -- see this thread:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-08/msg00062.php
>
> Wow, interesting.  I do remember that now.  Should I revert the
> documentation addition and add a comment to gram.y?

OK, I have votes to remove the code, remove the documentation, and keep
all of it but document its behavior might change in the future.

I will leave the documentation, but comment it out so it doesn't appear
in the output, and state why in the comment.

I will also add a TODO item.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com