grant model in PostgreSQL 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dmitry Morozovsky
Subject grant model in PostgreSQL 8.2
Date
List pgsql-admin
Dear colleagues,

What is the preferred grant model in multi-developers environment?

I'm currently thinking of two groups, one is 'admin' and other is 'user', where
real developers are members of the first group, with 'set role to admin' in
pg_authid; report create user (used in web frontend, e.g.) is a member of the
second group, having only read privileges from db objects.

The question is: can I automatically grant read privileges on newly created
objects in my schema?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***