Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 12:41:11PM -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>   Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > The date-of-birth field in our table holding patients is of
> > type "timestamp with time zone". One of our patient search
> > queries uses the date-of-birth field to find matches. Since
> > users enter day, month, and year but not hour, minute, and
> > second of the DOB we run the query with
>
> That seems like an odd choice. Is there some reason they didn't use a type
> of date? Maybe you could get them to change it?

What time of day were you born ?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apgar

What is the technical reason that makes you wonder ?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346