Re: Adjacency List or Nested Sets to model file system hierarchy? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moseley
Subject Re: Adjacency List or Nested Sets to model file system hierarchy?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 05:36:37PM +0000, Ian Harding wrote:
> You don't mention the ltree contrib module, have you looked at it?  It
> can easily meet your requirements without having to reinvent anything.
> It may be what you're referring to as Nested Sets, I don't know.  I
> use it and like it a lot.

Yes, I have seen it.  I just thought it seemed like a very large
"hammer" to use form my task -- quite a few more query methods than I
need .  But, perhaps I should look at it again and get a better
understanding of what it can do.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley