Re: Multi-language to be or not to be - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Multi-language to be or not to be
Date
List pgsql-www
Am Montag, 12. Februar 2007 09:50 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> Right. But will they rush to do that even if we have easier tools to do
> it?

I would love to translate some pages, but frankly anything short of a PO file
or some equivalent technology isn't going to excite any translators for long.

> There's also the question of wether it's a good thing to have a say 15%
> translated site, vs a 0% translated one. If we have a 15% translation,
> that will give a very strange impression for people going there with a
> browser set for that language - some pages come up in their language,
> the majority comes up in a completely different language.

By that theory, no translation of open-source software would ever take place.

--
Peter Eisentraut