Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Ooops ... seems we need a re-release pronto
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:36:56 +0100
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm not concerned so much about the runtime as the development and
> > maintenance effort...
>
> Shouldn't we at least add the one or two exemplary statements that
> failed so we have some sort of coverage of the problem?

How about a rule that says no new ode without a test?  That's one of
the ways that extreme programming is applied to new projects.
Basically what that means is that bugs continue to be found but we
never see the same bug twice because the regression test catches those.

Of course, while you are creating one test you can always add a few
related ones.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves