Re: replication choices - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: replication choices
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 03:17:40PM -0800, Ben wrote:
> the remote sites back to the central site, each remote site needs to have
> a normal slony node first, which I don't have the hardware for.

An answer for this, though a dirty kludge, is to replicate to another
database in the same cluster.  This is really no more load than the
single replication user, although it is expensive at the disk level.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun