Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?]) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Switching to mailman (Re: [Fwd: NDN: Re: [ODBC] Connect without queries?])
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 07:10:21AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Mailman is pretty much the defacto mailing list software out there. It
> is used in extremely large installations including sites such as
> SourceForge. It has an active community. Heck it even has a freenode
> channel that people talk on.

Uh.  MySQL is pretty much the _de facto_ free DBMS out there.  It is
used in extremely large installations, including sites such as
Slashdot.  It is also supported by Oracle.  It has an active
community, and a company behind it.

I don't think this style of argument is one I'm going to buy.

> of laziness more than anything. Other than that, I see no reason not to
> move to Mailman.

One reason I can think is that I've had mailman installations brought
to their knees by high volumes of mail.  At a previous site where we
used it and mj, I never had that happen with mj.  I dunno about mj2.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.     --Dennis Ritchie