Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 12:38:22PM -0600, Tony Caduto wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> >Have you been leaving the dark side lately?
> >(pgAdmin does this..)
> >

> I still have pgAdmin installed :-)  it's a good reference tool.

:-)

> Is there a way to tell libpq in the connection string or something not
> to use a pgpass.conf file?  I looked in the libpq docs but didn't really
> see anything.
>
> I kind of don't like the way the pgpass file affected all the apps that
> used libpq, it could be considered a security risk.

it can be annoying. I personally don't like that pgAdmin does it,
because I would like the "save password" feature to just save it for
pgAdmin. But that's me, and I've accepted that I'm in minority.

However, I don't think you can get away with calling it a security risk.
It can be an annoying thing for some people in some sitatuions, but it's
not a security risk.

//Magnus