Re: Daylight Saving Time - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Daylight Saving Time
Date
Re: Daylight Saving Time  (<Match.Grun@thomson.com>)
List pgsql-ports
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 02:21:21PM -0700, Match.Grun@thomson.com wrote:
> As you may know, DST in the US has been changed from 2007. On March 11
> we begin DST.
>
> I have searched the Postgres site, but there is no reference to
> potential issues that may be caused by this. Also, since the Solaris
> port built with the Sun Compiler did have an issue with a Horology test
> case, maybe the PORTS team have most experience with this issue?

I beleive you are safe as long as you are on the latest versoins -
you'll need 8.2.1, 8.1.6 or 8.0.10.

Bruce - given that the actual change-time is coming up, how about we add
this one to the FAQ? If it isn't now, it's bound to become.

> Does anyone know how this would affect the following ports:
>
>     Sun GCC
>     Windows MINGW
>     Linux GCC

All affected the same way.
If you're using a < 8.0 version, postgresql uses the operating systems
timezone functions, so you'll have to look at the documentation for your
OS.

//Magnus