Re: possible copyright infringement against postgresql writers, bloggers, and advocates - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: possible copyright infringement against postgresql writers, bloggers, and advocates
Date
Re: possible copyright infringement against postgresql writers, bloggers, and advocates
List pgsql-advocacy
On Saturday 20 January 2007 15:40, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robert Bernier wrote:
> > On Saturday 20 January 2007 15:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >
> > > The BSD license allows this.
> >
> > I'm not talking about source code: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement
>
> I assume our documentation and all our postings are BSD-licensed too.

Ah, I understand where you're going. Not necesarily, I'm refering to articles that have been posted on websites for
profit.The website I speak of datamines as many copyrighted articles it can find off the internet and not just
referencedocumentation. Dru's articles, for instance, have definitely not been BSD licensed and O'Reilly certaintly
doesn'tdo that i.e. somebody is making money from other people's work.

It's like I printed a few thousand copies of your PostgreSQL book (is it BSD licensed?)  and kept the profits for
myselfwithout giving you any royalties?