Re : Re : Re : Backup file not UTF-8 (introduced bug - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Laurent ROCHE
Subject Re : Re : Re : Backup file not UTF-8 (introduced bug
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hurrah !

End of a long story !

I should have read the messages from the backup dialog more carefully, and I would have seen the pg_dump command !
And I would have noticed that PG Admin uses its own pg_dump.
So my problems (using pg_dump v8.2 instead of PG Admin: SERIAL replaced by INT and SEQUENCES, and going from v1.6.1 to
v1.6.2:wrong UTF-8 format) can be solved just by using a previous version of pg_dump (the one from PGAdmin 1.4., for
example)to generate my file.

Sorry for being a pain.
And thanks for solving that problem in the end.

Saying that, as Guillaume suggested, it could be a good idea to be able to choose the pg_dump, one wants to use with PG
Admin... but I suppose replacing the pg_dump.exe file in the PG Admin directory should do the trick.

Cheers,
L@u
The Computing Froggy