Re: Patch(es) to expose n_live_tuples and - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Patch(es) to expose n_live_tuples and
Date
Re: Patch(es) to expose n_live_tuples and
List pgsql-patches
Glen Parker wrote:

[slightly reformatted for sanity]

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >Is this something we want in 8.3?  I am thinking visible/expired would
> >be clearer terms.
>
> I'd love to see this back patched into 8.2.1 if possible.
>
> Should I resubmit with new names?

I'm not really convinced that Bruce's proposed names seem any better to
me.  What's wrong with "dead" and "live"?

As for backpatching, you already knew the answer :-)