Re: Changing passwords from client application - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomasz Ostrowski
Subject Re: Changing passwords from client application
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:

> - it will be possible to use for example a left open psql session to
>   change password of logged in user without knowledge of previous
>   password.

Forget it - I just found on
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-alterrole.html
"Ordinary roles can only change their own password."

I thought I tried to do this and failed so I assumed otherwise. but I
had to make an error testing.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you