Re: Let's play bash the search engine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Let's play bash the search engine
Date
Re: Let's play bash the search engine  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:41:38PM +0530, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Matthew O'Connor <matthew@zeut.net> wrote:
> >
> >Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> But seriously, I'm definitly interested in ways it can be improved - and
> >> that's true of the whole web team, I'm sure. It was just my way of
> >> saying "it will take a while", but I'll file it away as a good thing to
> >> do when there is a moment of spare time.
> >
> >I like the way the php.net homepage has a search box on the homepage
> >with a dropdown next to it to specify what to search.
>

> I would recommend a set of check-boxes, so that user can select multiple
> places to search. Eg. search in 8.2 release, 8.0 release, ans as just
> suggested by Alvaro, pgsql-hackers mailing list also.

You seriously want this in the header of every webpage?!

We still have a searchform at search.postgresql.org. To search
mainliglists, click Archives search. You can select a list, or a group
of list, there. Or just search them all.

Now, the generic website search could be expanded to let you search
different parts such as the docs, but we cannot possibly do that on the
searchbox in the header.

//Magnus