Solution for pgsql odbc driver missing from Windows data sources drivers list - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Howard B. Golden
Subject Solution for pgsql odbc driver missing from Windows data sources drivers list
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi, I installed PostgreSQL but the pgsql ODBC driver didn't appear in the Windows XP Data Sources drivers list. I
lookedin the Windows registry and all the keys were the way they should be, but still no PostgreSQL ODBC driver!

Googling, I found the following entry on the Oracle(!) forum (see
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=254411&tstart=15):

                                     dcpanton@canada...

wrote:

> Re: ODBC Driver Install Problem.

                     > dunno if this will fix your problem, but it fixed mine...

> Apparently there's a bug in a version of MySQL that inserts an invalid entry into

> HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers

> Solution:

> Export the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers" key.

> edit the exported file to remove the line "@=" and save it. (anything below this line doesn't show up in ODBC Admin
list)

> delete the registry key.

> merge your saved key file.