Re: [GENERAL] Subcribing to this list, what's the secret? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Subcribing to this list, what's the secret?
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Subcribing to this list, what's the secret?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-www
wheel wrote:
> I seem to have a natural knack for hitting the ruts around here, which
> is exciting. I've tried to subscribe to the list using both yahoo and
> gmail email accounts and the webform always reports "The email address
> you entered does not appear to be valid." I would like to use either
> yahoo or gmail because I am very interested in keeping spam down on my
> main email accounts (see Jan 7 2006 thread 'E-mail harvesting on PG
> lists?'). I've been posting via a newsreader but it seems that there is
> some strange pattern with messages not making it on the the list using
> that pipe...all of my posts show on the google archive of this list but
> a good number (25%?) seem to be missing from the mailing list archives
> that are found on the postgres site. Example, it seems that both of my
> listed in google, and on the newsgroup. Scott was PO'd that I didn't
> respond to his first post, that got me to check into why he didn't.
>
> I posted about this issue, the failure of the website subscription form
> to accept (at least) an @yahoo.com email acct, and no one replied
> (though that was one of the posts that didnt' seem to make it onto the
> mailing list, but is on google & newsgroup). Can someone tell me what
> the secret is, or check the webform at postgresql.org and make sure it's
> in order?

I did see your previous email but thought you must have been doing
something wrong.  Going to:

    http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

and entering my gmail address worked, and I tried a username that
contained a period, and that worked too.

Interestingly, I can't find your previous email that I saw in our
archives, or in google archives.  What email address where you trying?

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us