Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Date
List pgsql-performance

> 3= Daniel van Ham Colchete is running Gentoo.  That means every SW
> component on his box has been compiled to be optimized for the HW it
> is running on.
> There may be a combination of effects going on for him that others
> not running a system optimized from the ground up for its HW do not see.

http://www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/source.php

You get an idea of how old these tests are by the fact that the latest
and greatest was FreeBSD 4.9 at the time, but I suppose it may still
be relevent.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.