Re: File Systems Compared - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: File Systems Compared
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 18:45:56 +0100,
  Markus Schiltknecht <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:

> Cool, thank you for the example :-)  I thought the MTA or at least the the
> mailing list would wrap mails at some limit. I've now set word-wrap to 9999
> characters (it seems not possible to turn it off completely in
> thunderbird). But when writing, I'm now getting one long line.
>
> What's common practice? What's it on the pgsql mailing lists?

If you do this you should set format=flowed (see rfc 2646). If you do that,
then clients can break the lines in an appropiate way. This is actually
better than fixing the line width in the original message, since the
recipient may not have the same number of characters (or pixels) of display
as the sender.