Re: Windows default editor for psql \e - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: Windows default editor for psql \e
Date
List pgsql-general
> Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> > > Sure, see the psql manual page, but setting EDITOR is the easiest way.
> > > This works on Win32 too.
> >
> > c:\set EDITOR="c:\Program Files\Vim\vim70\gvim.exe"
> >
> > Thanks Bruce, this worked like a charm!
> >
> > And sorry to drag this, but does anyone know the windows (xp) equivalent to:
> > /etc/rc.conf for *nix? i.e. the place that windows uses to store system wide variables from
> future
> > use?  Is still the autoexec.bat? :o)
>
> OK, I am freaked out that I know the answer to this, but it My
> Computer/Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables.

:-) Thanks.
Just as a side note.  When I specified the path string to gvim, I had leave it without quotation.
However, I need the quotations when I specified the path from the DOS prompt.

Once again thanks for the help.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.