Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 11:31:28PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I can build indexes without an exclusive lock? I am running 75-150k in
> hardware... I build indexes fast anyway.

"Build fast" sure isn't the same as "don't block", though.  But
whatever.

One reason to use free software is precisely that you don't have to
get on the upgrade treadmill.  If a customer does or does not want to
upgrade, presumably that is their choice.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Everything that happens in the world happens at some place.    --Jane Jacobs