Re: Postgres server crash - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Stone
Subject Re: Postgres server crash
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 05:41:02PM -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>What's interesting is that apparently FreeBSD also has overcommit (and
>IIRC no way to disable it), yet I never hear people going off on OOM
>kills in FreeBSD.

Could just be that nobody is using FreeBSD. <ducks>

Seriously, though, there are so many linux installations out there that
you're statistically more likely to see corner cases. FWIW, I know a
whole lotta linux machines that have never had OOM-killer problems.
Remember, though, that anecodotal evidence isn't.

Mike Stone