Re: select result / functions from another database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: select result / functions from another database
Date
List pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Matthew Peter wrote:
> > I have DB1 and DB2 pg_databases... I then have a function in DB2 that
> > wants some results from DB1, is it possible to query another db? Like
> > how \! lets you hit the command line... but I need it in plpgsql if
> > possible.
>
> Look into the db_link or dbi_link packages. These are exactly what you
> are after.

Uh, folks, we have an FAQ item on this:

    <H3 id="item4.17">4.17) How do I perform queries using
    multiple databases?</H3>

Please point folks to the FAQ, because if they don't know this answer,
they don't know other answers as well.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us