Re: ERROR: type "i" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: ERROR: type "i" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 01:20:38PM -0800, Don Laurine wrote:
> In the postgres log I am getting the following:
>
> ERROR: type "i" does not exist
>
> What is the cause of this error and/or how do I track it down?

One possibility is that a query is  trying to cast a value to the
"i" type, either intentionally or due to a syntax error.  Maybe the
word "integer" is being truncated or maybe bit of code from a
language other than SQL is sneaking into a query.  Example:

test=> SELECT 1::i;
ERROR:  type "i" does not exist

See "Error Reporting and Logging" in the documentation for information
about logging.  One way to identify the offending query would be
to set log_min_error_statement = error in postgresql.conf and reload
the server.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html

--
Michael Fuhr