Re: can't start postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Enrico
Subject Re: can't start postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
> Thanks, but this is not working -
>
> [postgres@db ~]$ /usr/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/pgsql/data
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.
>
> initdb: directory "/usr/pgsql/data" exists but is not empty
> If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
> the directory "/usr/pgsql/data" or run initdb
> with an argument other than "/usr/pgsql/data".

of course if want to use /usr/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/pgsql/data
directory /usr/pgsql/data must be empty and user postgres must be the owner,
but I don't understand, what is your problem?

Enrico

--
If Bill Gates had a penny for everytime Windows crashed,he'd be a multi-billionaire by now .......oh look, he already
is!!!!