Re: schemas and tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gergely CZUCZY
Subject Re: schemas and tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:26:36AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Gergely CZUCZY <phoemix@harmless.hu> writes:
> > For this i had the idea to put all projects into
> > separate tablespaces by their schemas at the next
> > upgrade. But as i check the current documentation
> > there were no such feature that all of a schema's
> > sub-elements can be put into a tablespace.
>
> Nope.  The original tablespace patch actually did have the notion
> of a default tablespace associated with a schema, but we took it
> out after a little experience with the patch.  See very long thread
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-10/msg00583.php
Are you planning to re-enable this functionality in the future?
It may worth reconsidering, an other need arised for it by my issue.

Bye,

Gergely Czuczy
mailto: gergely.czuczy@harmless.hu

--
Weenies test. Geniuses solve problems that arise.

Attachment