Re: How much memory is required? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: How much memory is required?
Date
List pgsql-general

> Is there any published information on the minimum or recommended amount
> of memory for PostgreSQL on Windows and/or Linux. I am looking at
> PostgreSQL for an embedded app and hardware cost is a consideration. I
> cannot find anything in the PostgreSQL 8.1.0 Documentation but I may
> not be looking in the right place. Thanks.

You need to estimate a lot of things before you can estimate the
memory requirements.  Off the top of my head:
*) Desired performance
*) Max # of simultaneous connections
*) Max size of dataset

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader
ofthis message is not an intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an
intendedrecipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this
e-mailfrom your system.